Thursday 21 June 2007

Ginkyo Print Advert


This is a clever piece of advertising that caught me out!

There I was doing the puzzles on the back page of the newspaper, when I was hijacked by an advert for Ginkyo supplements. The banner suggested that the answers would be found at www.ginkyo.co.uk, which I hadn't paid much attention to until I couldn't finish the puzzle and wanted the solution. I had been tricked! The site is just a product website advertising the brain-boosting properties of ginkyo supplements. I was annoyed that I had been taken in, but Im sure many other people were as well, so the advert is quite effective for raising awareness.

Perhaps it would be more effective if it really did give the answers, so that I didn't feel annoyed. It just goes to show that there are so many different places to advertise besides the obvious.

No comments: