Tuesday 31 July 2007

e-on TV advert

My favourite thing about this advert is the backing music- the playfullness really backs up the concept of the rest of the ad. People are shown laughing and enjoying the unusual weather (rather than the typical British response of complaining about it!). Seeing this on TV always brings a smile to my face because it is so joyful and innocent- two attributes that I find unusual for a power company, but fitting seeing as e-on is trying to sell itselt as 'green'. The camera work makes the viewer feel like they are in the scene being blown about by the wind as well, giving a sense of inclusion. It's quite refreshing to see something so warm and friendly when there is such a climate of cynicism around advertising at the moment.

1 comment:

Michelle Almond said...

I also looooove this advert. Like you said, the music is brilliant.. uplifting and happy... I find myself making noises along to it! It always puts a smile on my face and I think it's funny what you said about everybody enjoying the weather rather than complain about it. Ironic really!